Saturday, August 24, 2013

The End Is The Beginning Is The End

Why.....yes, that is a title from a Smashing Pumpkins song back in 1997. It was featured on the Batman Forever soundtrack.

Well folks, summer is drawing to a close, and with it - so is this blog.  As I have said in the last post, it's been a lot of fun getting to hear all the artists and news, and concerts.  Who knows, with the internship I'm going to down in TN, maybe I can fix the over-processed problem myself.

In any case, I have some last minute business to attend to.  At the end of my last post I promised the fans of Cinderella and Foo Fighters some good news.  Cinderella fans, you are up first...



Album Cover
Tom Keifer, former frontman for Cinderella in the 80's, has gone solo!  His debut album is called "The Way Life Goes", and features a more bluesy-rock sound. He's been doing well for himself lately too! He's already been featured on David Letterman, and is currently scheduled to play Atlantic City on Sept. 6th with Halestorm.

At times the album mimics Foo Fighters, and other times it mimics Tom Petty.  So if you like them, you might like this.  Personally I'm a little torn on this one.  The instrumentation is really good, and the music is solid. It has a nice "All-American" sound quality to it.  However, much like Ben Affleck being cast as Batman, I'm just not sure that Keifer's voice fits the blues feel he's going for. Don't misunderstand me, as long as he stays in the lower register - he's fine. It's when he goes for the high ones that things get sketchy.
Tom Keifer

On a scale of 1 to 10... I would give this one a solid 8.  The music is great, the balance of slow to fast songs is dead on, and in my humble opinion - this would make a great road trip album!  You can get your own opinion of Tom Keifer's album by visiting his website, Facebook, and Twitter pages.

Now for the Foo Fighters freaks (like me)...

I haven't heard a lot of information on this yet, and I am sure that everyone is on edge about it like I am too.  There is no title to be known yet, only an expected year of release - 2014.  In an interview, Grohl explained that the Foos will be recording this album in a way that's never been done before.  Considering the many different recording techniques they've already used, Lord knows what could be next.

Foo Fighters
Who knows... maybe if my internship works out well enough, I can be the man behind the board for that record (Mama always said I should have goals).

Well gang, that's it!  In the words of Fall Out Boy "Thanks for the memories".



No comments:

Post a Comment