Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hometown Proud

Summer is here!  This means festivals and concerts.  I have to say that I am hometown proud about this show, especially when it comes to the line up.  Riot Fest 2013 is in Chicago this year!!  For those readers who have not been to Chicago, I have this advice for you... if you've never been before, you should visit at least once.  This festival gives you a great excuse to do so.  The line up looks amazing as well, featuring acts like Blink 182, Fall Out Boy, AFI, and a truckload more.  The full line up and details can be found here.

Queens Of The Stone Age
I've been very lax in reporting the news end of things lately, and I apologize.  However, in my absence, I was happy to find out that Queens Of The Stone Age have been pretty busy in the last two weeks.  They have released a couple videos for songs from their upcoming album, Like Clockwork.  The first video, "If I Had A Tail" hit the web about two weeks ago. Closely following that is the song called "My God Is The Sun".  You can check out the video for that song courtesy of Revolver Magazine.

Hatebreed hasn't been in this blog since I covered their show more than a year ago.  Now they are back, and they have a brand new song for us too! "Honor Never Dies" comes to us from the album The Divinity of Purpose.  You can check that out here.

Last on the list for this post is another CD Review.  This one comes to us from a band called Madlife.  Based out of L.A, the band recently released their 4th album called 21st Century Megalomaniac.

Album Cover
They call themselves an "Industrial Rock" group, but in my opinion the only thing that makes this industrial is the techno-esque features... otherwise it's just an attempt at Swedish metal. The instrumentation is good, and the techno element is nice.  The biggest problem in my ears was the lead vocalist.  The best way I can think to describe it is by saying that they remind me of Quiet Riot, mixed with early Vince Niel of Motley Crue, but with more gravel.  IT'S ANNOYING! Bottom line.

I can certainly see these guys making the soundtrack of a Matrix sequel, or (God forbid) a third installment of the Mortal Kombat series.  My opinion aside, they do have some kind of fan base, so good luck... I guess.

You can check out the band for yourself, and formulate your own opinions by visiting their website.  You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.

Madlife


No comments:

Post a Comment