Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Super Bull...

Hey guys!!

Sorry I have been such a slacker lately when it comes to getting the news up and in your faces.  A lot of craziness has happened, and you can rest assured that the Pop Deflators crew and I have a lot of things to say about recent events.

This particular post is going to focus on the Super Bowl Halftime Show, featuring Madonna. In order to make up for that catastrophe, I will also review Hats Off To The Bull, the latest album release by Chevelle.  I know I had mentioned the album back in November, but now I have it and have listened to it...so I get to review it.

Let's start with the hard part, Madonna...

She's Not Xerxes!?!?
Now before you start thinking that I am going to bash her, and tear her in a million pieces, let me say this... she has done a lot of good for the music industry in her career and her talent, be it strange at times, is undeniable.  She has carved a place for herself that is unique and no one, despite the efforts of Lady Gaga, can fill.  But here is where the tricky part comes in...

Because I respect her contributions to music, why she make a choice to enter the football field being carried by Roman soldiers?  This was watching 300 done by the cast of Glee. It's confused, and scared me at the same time...and the show hadn't even started yet!
I can appreciate that she did a wide array of songs from her catalogue as most of her fan-based is now in their late 30's and early 40's, so I have no problems with that.  What I do have problems with is her "guest-stars", and the over-emphasis on her dancers and performers over her.  I thought MADONNA was the star of the Halftime show, not her dancers or cheerleaders for that matter.

I still can't believe this is real.
In my honest opinion, the highlights (meaning the good points) of the show were the drum-line remix, and the stage effects. The entire field and stage were converted into a LED screen for the show, which displayed some really cool lights and effects.  I could go into how those are created, but I don't want to bore you.  Besides, if you watched the Super Bowl, then you've already lost enough brain cells as it is. Not only because of the Halftime show, but the commercials this year were just plain STUPID.  Who knew that the most boring game ever could be turned into a movie?  Battleship?  Really?  What's the dialogue going to be, "Captain, missile coming in B-4...miss!"



Hats Off To The Bull Cover
Okay, enough about Madonna, let's focus on some good stuff for while.  Back in November I announced that Chevelle would be coming out with a new album entitled Hats Off To The Bull.  I recently picked up the album, and I have to say that it's definitely Chevelle.  They have managed to keep their signature sound on this album.  I would almost say that this album is a throwback to the style that Wonder What's Next was written in.  Their current single from the album "Face the Floor" is getting regular airplay here on the East Coast, and I don't mind it at all.  It definitely gets stuck in your head.  For more information on the album, or to purchase the songs, be sure to visit iTunes, or Amazon.

Stay tuned...the Grammys are coming......mwahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment