Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Night to Remember...


This weekend was an opportunity of a lifetime!  Since joining up with the Pop Deflators crew, I haven’t had a whole lot of things to report outside of the usual news.  This has now changed!

Lead Singer Michael from Red
This show very quickly became one of the greatest concerts I have ever had the pleasure of going to.  The Chameleon Club, in Lancaster PA, hosted the Kill Th3 Machin3 tour that Red has been on over the last several months.  On the tour with them was Brian “Head” Welsh.  The opening act featured Echoes The Fall from Phoenix, AZ, and Icon for Hire from my home state of IL.  Quite honestly, I never knew something that cool could come out of Decatur.
"Head" Welsh


For those of you who are unfamiliar with the sonic onslaught that came my way last night, allow me to explain. Echoes The Fall is EXTREMELY similar to 12 Stones in the way that they sound.  Even the lead singers vocal style was on par in comparison.  If you like 12 Stones then you should definitely check out Echoes The Fall.

Icon For Hire
Icon for Hire was the next act on to the stage, and despite some technical difficulties in their part of the show, they came out to be really cool.  If I had to compare the bands sound to anyone, I would say they most resemble the sound and style of Paramore, but with a little bit more of an edge to their music.



Brian "Head" Welsh
Moving on to Brian “Head” Welsh… all I can say it that I was blown away!  I grew up listening to Korn, when Head was a part of it, and nothing about his style has changed.  What has changed is that Head has made a radical decision/transformation in his life after accepting Christ.  He has already made a solo album, and published multiple books. His best seller is Save Me From Myself, and is available in bookstores, and of course Amazon.

Head’s part of the show was absolutely awesome, but what’s cooler than that was that we (the Pop Deflators) were able to meet Head and his drummer for an interview outside the club.  You can watch for the video to be posted on the Pop Deflators Facebook page soon.

RED
Then there was the headliner, Red. I almost feel like the opportunity to see them was an act of redemption of sorts for me. Last year, they were in Reading PA for the Winter Jam Tour.  I missed my chance to see Red due to the fact that the arena was filled to capacity. Keeping with fire code, security had to force everyone waiting in line out of the venue.  At any rate, Red performed and rocked the house as expected. They played songs from all three of their albums, and even threw in a drum solo (loved it)!
Lead guitarist Anthony and drummer Joe

The fun didn’t end there either. Earlier in the show, the Pop Deflators had an exclusive interview with Anthony, the guitar player from Red.  That interview will also be posted on the Deflator Facebook page soon.

That’s all for now kids! Until then, keep rockin!

P.S. I took all of the photos used in this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment